Sunday, November 11, 2012

MEMORIES OF MAINIT, SURIGAO DEL NORTE

MAINIT WELLNESS RESORT 
 HOT SPRING

My friends and I planned this escapade weeks ago and was postponed due to some circumstances. Time has finally arrived for us to witness another God’s superb creation. So why choose the place Mainit? The very first reason why we have chosen this place was the “budget”. Mainit is just an hour away from Surigao City having a fare of 49php for an ordinary bus from Surigao City terminal to Magpayang bus stop.So fewer expenses will surely follow. Second, Mainit is popularly known for its therapeutic hot spring, thus it convinced our sole callus to wander the place.
habal habal motor
It seems like the weather forbade us from having enjoyment. It’s raining. But rain or shine the adventure must go on. 
When we arrived in Magpayang, we hurriedly bought foods at the Magpayang public market. To my silliness, I bought egg because I heard that there is a certain part of the hot spring where the temperature is really hot and has the capacity to boil egg. 
  
From Magpayang triangle, we ride habal2x (single motor) going to Mapaso hot spring. The fare is 50/head. We chose that habal2x because it can accommodate 4 passengers. Since the weather was not that good, my roommates (Joy and Alma) requested the driver to take it slow. I even cracked a joke to the driver “make it 80kph”. But since I am getting used to riding habal2x in some of my several nature trip, I wasn’t that scared. 
The inclement condition puts us in danger; the undeveloped road became wet and soft.  On our halfway to the hot spring, the habal2x lost its steering control and we all toppled in the middle of the road. Just a piece of advice, do not go to Mapaso hot spring if it is raining unless if you have other mode of transportation like SUV or any four-wheeled vehicle. That's what I got in an accident.
At the entrance, we paid 25php/head then we rent a cottage worth 250php. That’s the cheapest cottage inside the resort, nevertheless it’s good. We swiftly changed our clothes there for us to sense the hotness of the spring. 

While my colleagues enjoyed the pool, I went back to the entrance booth and asked some information on where I could boil my egg. Alas, the in-charge told me that I could no longer cook my egg since the hotness in a certain part of the spring fluctuated. According to her, boiling of eggs was done many many years ago. I went back of the cottage and just took some pictures to the place.


In a few minutes, we ate our lunch and we altogether went to the pool. Sadly, I could not entirely immerse myself in the hot spring because of my fresh open wound. Joy and Alma had to hold my back and head as I lay my half body to the pool while I’m keeping my right leg from getting in touch with the warm water. Geeehh…lukewarm water is really good. It could’ve been better if I was able to jump into it. Poor me! I envied them seeing that they stayed in the pool for way too long.

 


Even if we didn’t have water proof camera, we still found a way to take pictures of the place. Around 1pm after taking several snaps we texted the driver to pick us up and suggested to transport us to other venue, the Songkoy cold spring.

SONGKOY COLD SPRING

Songkoy cold spring is located in Brgy. San Pablo, Tubod, Surigao del Norte, just 30 minutes away from Mapaso Hot Spring. From national highway, it is only 15minutes to travel via habal2x. The road is better having approximately 15% rough pavement compared to Mapaso hot spring.

When we reach the cold spring, I, with no hesitation asked my roommate “where is the cold spring?” not knowing that I am already in the cold spring. Cold spring is located just a few steps from the road. I was thinking that it was an irrigation dam. hahah! There were few cottages there. But we just used the one and only table beside the spring.


Then I slowly go down to the water to feel if it will hurt me (since I have an open wound). After a long wait, I can now submerge into the water! Whew! I did floating. I usually do it whenever I’m in a beach or pool. For me, the water did not chill me…however, the water chilled Alma to the bones. She even shivered due to its coldness. hahahah

We just stayed there for an hour because the rain started to fall heavily. It would be difficult for us to travel if we still wish to stay. By the way, we did not find comfort room or wash room there for us to change clothes. As a result, we traveled with our wet clothes on. Glad that we found a waiting shed as we took our trip, we asked the driver to stop, then we changed our clothes there using a piece of towel covering us as we took our clothes off. Girl scout! Lastly, we paid the habal2x driver 150 each for the entire trip. 

8 comments:

  1. Gi mingaw nako dha.. Wanna go back home nah :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. SORRY FOR YOUR CUT,,BEAUTIFUL PICTURES ,I MOST GO THERE NOW ,LEAVING FROM LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA USA,,THANK YOU FOR GREAT STORY..OH I JUST NOW SEE THIS HAPPEN YEARS AGO,,BUT THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I JUST SAW YOUR REPLY..I NEVER KNEW YOU SAW ANY OF MY MESSAGES

      Delete
    2. THIS IS CHRISTONE I JUST SAW YOUR REPLY..I NEVER KNEW YOU SAW ANY OF MY MESSAGES

      Delete