Sunday, January 29, 2012

MABUA PEBBLE BEACH

Getting unhappy and uncontented with the widespread grayish sandy beaches? Want to explore some sort of rarity? Mabua offers you the best of the best pebble beach in the country. Mabua Pebble Beach is located in Brgy.Mabua, just 20minutes away from the city proper of Surigao. 


One boring day, a friend of mine invited me for another beach-party. When I asked him where, he answered Mabua since he’s curious with how this beach look like in near. He  saw these pebbles when he was on plane several times.


I never heard anything about pebble beach so I googled it out. Booms… it caught my attention in a split second. I thought Mabua is a white sand since it is really a well-known place here for beach picnics and other social gatherings. I just learned that pebble is synonymous with stone! Shame on me! Hahahah… Out of curiosity, I escaped from my job for few hours to personally see this so called “pebble beach”. 

lakwatchera

The picture below is a closer snapshot of the giant rock situated along the shoreline. Please take a look to the picture above, it was actually the giant rock behind the boat with a blue roof.


Huge rocks are not new to me for I have been to many beautiful places with huge rocks. What truly amazed me in the said area are the pebbles. This is my first time to see white pebbles. Pebble beach to be exact! Whoa! 



Forgive me, this is the only picture I have with the closer look of the pebbles. As you can see, pebbles are of similar sizes. And just like the sandy beaches, I can walk with bare foot.




Since it was an unplanned hang-out, I was not able to bring my swimwear. And with that, I turned out to be their camera woman. 



After sea-sightseeing in the rocky shore, we hiked with all our nerves to this mountain to have a short glimpse of the wider vista of the beach as what google suggested. 


Now, we reach the peak of the mountain. I failed to count on how many steps we have taken. But for sure it’s not less than 200 steps. The funniest thing about that trip was that I wore 3 inches high heels. So I was obliged to ramble with bare foot. Carry on! :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment